Save your time - order a paper!
Assignment ID: FG133137035
Explain with examples the importance of the questions below according to McGill (1992) and DeMaria, Weeks, Hof (1999) and (Thomlison, 2016, p. 55) in understanding family needs and concerns.
1. Where did this family come from?
2. When did they come to this country?
3. What were the circumstances that brought them to this country?
4. What is important to this family?
5. Who are the current members of this family?
6. What kind of people would they describe themselves as?
7. How do family members describe themselves racially?
8. How do they define themselves?
9. What good and bad things have happened to them over time?
10. What were or are the group’s experiences with oppression?
11. What lessons have they learned from their experiences?
12. What are the ways in which pride and shame issues are shown in this family?
13 “Each system is interactive and interdependent with parts of itself and with other systems to which it relates. individual, or groups of people, and the multiple systems interacting with them mutually influence each other’s behavior” (Tomlinson, p. 60). How can cumulative disadvantage impact family systems?
14. How can the client’s trauma histories impact family systems?