1. Write a 3- to 5-page research report in Microsoft Word about your topic of “Privacy issues surrounding the use of social media”. This DOES NOT INCLUDE the title page, executive summary, appendices, or reference page (items 1, 2, 6, and 7 below) as part of your 3-5 pages.
2. At a minimum, you must use the sources you identified in Lesson 10 in APA style.
RESOURCES USED IN LESSON 10:
(YOU CAN USE SOME OF THE LISTED BELOW IF YOU CAN ACCESS THEM, IF NOT CHOOSE SOME OF YOUR OWN. USE AT LEAST 7 RESOURCES TOTAL. NO DICTONARIES OR WIKAPEDIA ALLOWED!):
- Brookshire, B. (2017, August 24). On social media, privacy is no longer a personal choice. Retrieved May 09, 2019, from https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/scicurious/social-media-privacy-no-longer-personal-choice
- Claypoole, T. F. (2014, January). Privacy and social media. Business Law Today. Retrieved May 9, 2019 from http://link.galegroup.com.ezp1r.riosalado.edu/apps/doc/A373254373/AONE?u=mccweb_riosalado&sid=AONE&xid=96e92ae8
- Lenhart, A., & Madden, M. (2007, April 18). Teens, Privacy and Online Social Networks. Retrieved May 09, 2019, from https://www.pewinternet.org/2007/04/18/teens-privacy-and-online-social-networks/
- Lindsey, N. (2019, February 03). New Research Study Shows That Social Media Privacy Might Not Be Possible. Retrieved May 09, 2019, from https://www.cpomagazine.com/data-privacy/new-research-study-shows-that-social-media-privacy-might-not-be-possible/
- Loeffler, C. (2012, September-October). Privacy issues in social media. IP Litigator, 18(5), 12+. Retrieved May 9, 2019 from http://link.galegroup.com.ezp1r.riosalado.edu/apps/doc/A305371564/AONE?u=mccweb_riosalado&sid=AONE&xid=19ba21ac
- Regoniel, P. A. (2013, June 24). SimplyEducate.Me. Retrieved May 09, 2019, from https://simplyeducate.me/2013/06/24/10-benefits-of-peer-review-in-research-writing/
- Scardilli, B. (2019, March). We the People: Staying Safe on Social Media. Information Today, 36(2), 4+. Retrieved May 9, 2019 from http://link.galegroup.com.ezp1r.riosalado.edu/apps/doc/A578440590/AONE?u=mccweb_riosalado&sid=AONE&xid=2c9df49b
- Statista. (2019). Number of social media users worldwide from 2010 to 2021 (in billions). Retrieved May 9, 2019 from Statista: https://www.statista.com/statistics/278414/number-of-worldwide-social-network-users/
- Carson, B. (2017, February 02). Here’s everything you need to know about how many people are using Snapchat. Retrieved May 15, 2019, from https://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-people-use-snapchat-user-numbers-2017-2
- Martin, M. (2015, June 30). Real Stats on Social Media’s Explosion Since the First Social Media Day by Overdrive Interactive. Retrieved May 15, 2019, from https://www.ovrdrv.com/real-stats-on-social-medias-explosion-since-the-first-social-media-day/
- Obar, J. A., & Wildman, S. S. (2015). Social media definition and the governance challenge-an introduction to the special issue. Obar, JA and Wildman, S.(2015). Social media definition and the governance challenge: An introduction to the special issue. Telecommunications policy, 39(9), 745-750.
- Oh, S. J., Benenson, R., Fritz, M., & Schiele, B. (2016, October). Faceless person recognition: Privacy implications in social media. In European Conference on Computer Vision (pp. 19-35). Springer, Cham.
- Stout, D. W. (2019, January 29). Social Media Statistics: Top Social Networks by Popularity. Retrieved May 15, 2019, from https://dustinstout.com/social-media-statistics/
- Tennakoon, H. (2016). Information Security and Privacy in Social Media.
3. Remember that you must cite your sources with both an in-text citation in the body of your report and a reference in the reference list at the end of your report.
4. EACH paragraph must have 5-7 FULL sentences.
You must include the following sections in your report:
- Title page
- Name of the report
- Who the report is presented to (your instructor’s name, title, and organization)
- Who wrote the report (your name)
- Date of submission
- Executive Summary (1–2 paragraphs)
- Problem or purpose ‒ explain the report topic (TOPIC: Privacy issues surrounding the use of social media)
- Significance ‒ explain why the topic is important
- Scope ‒ tell what is included and what is excluded in the report
- Methodology ‒ briefly describe the research sources used
- Body (the principal section of the report) ‒ discuss, analyze, interpret, and evaluate the research findings and solutions; use headings for each major section. Include the graphs you created for Lesson 11 either here or in the appendices section.
- Analysis/Conclusion- ‒ provide a summary of your conclusions, recommend a solution to your issue, and explain your reasoning
- Appendices ‒ optional, for graphs and tables not included in the body of the report
- References page in APA format
Use appropriate business formatting (10- to 12-point font, 1-in. margins) for your report and APA formatting for the in-text citations and references page. Be sure to spell-check your report and review it for grammar, punctuation, word usage, and sentence construction before submitting. Remember to use headings to indicate each major section of your report and subheadings as appropriate.
*** MUST BE RETURNED WITH A TURN IT IN REPORT TO SHOW ORIGINALITY **