[INSTANT HELP FROM 9$/PG]: NR533: Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
Week 06 Assignment – Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This assignment provides students with the opportunity to identify a high-risk process in the practice setting and then conduct a failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
The FMEA is a systematic, proactive approach to assess risk of failure and harm in a high-risk process, and identify areas for process improvement.
PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT FOR THE CHART
- Use the FMEA Table as displayed in Figure 1 at the end of Week 5 lesson. A copy of the table is also available in an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Steps in the process
- Failure modes, failure causes, and failure effects
- Likelihood of Occurrence (1-10)
- Likelihood of Detection (1-10)
- Severity (1-10)
- Risk Profile Number (RPN)
- Actions to Reduce Occurrence of Failure
- Use the MS Excel table FMEA for High Risk Process to fill out your failure and effect analysis according to the IHI lesson.
- Attach your Excel table below and ‘submit for grade’.
- Nash, Joshi, Ransom, & Ransom: Chapter 10.
- Chassin, M. R., & Loeb, J. M.. (2011, April). The ongoing quality improvement journey: Next stop, high reliability. Health Affairs, 30(4), 559-568. (Library Link)
- TJC. (2021). 2021 National Patient Safety Goals. The Joint Commission.
- Staines, A., Amalberti, R., Berwick, D.M., Braithwaite, J., Lachman, P., & Vincent, C. A.. (2020). Covid-19: Patient Safety and Quality Improvement skills to deploy during the surge. International Journal for Quality in Health Care, pp 1-3.
- Thull-Feedman, J., Mondoux, S., Stang, A., & Chartier, L.B. (2020). Going to the COVID-19 Gemba: Using observation and high reliability strategies to achieve safety in a time of crisis. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2020, 1-4.
(Open Access Creative Commons NC-4.0)
Content in weeks Lesson
- Federico, Frank. (2017). Bringing it all together: The journey to high reliability. Barnes Jewish Hospital; Washington University in St. Louis Physicians. (Video)
- Federico, Frank. (2021). Reliable Systems and Processes. IHI Open School. (Video)
- MedStar Health. (2017, Sept.). Mindfulness in a High Reliability Organization. MedStar Health. (Video)
- N.A. (2018, June). Understand the Science of Safety. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (Video)
- N.A. (2021). Transforming Health Care into a High Reliability Industry. Joint Commission Center for Transforming Healthcare. (Video)
- Press Ganey Associates. (2018, Feb.). High Reliability: Improving the Safety, Quality and Experience of Care. Press Ganey Associates, LLC. (Video)