[INSTANT HELP FROM 9$/PG]: BIT-200-INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
TOPIC: Social Media Data Collection
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The purpose of this assignment is to identify social media data collection strategies and the legal and ethical issues associated with social media data mining.
Conduct research to identify how business organizations mine social media to collect data so they can obtain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Locate examples of several strategies and companies. You cannot use examples already referenced in the topic Resources. Research the legal and ethical issues that are associated with data mining activities, including specific laws that govern data mining and examples of companies that have faced legal issues and negative consequences as a result of ethical issues resulting from the data mining strategies they employed.
Create a PowerPoint presentation (minimum of eight content slides) that summarizes your findings and addresses the following. Include a reference slide at the end of the presentation.
- Describe strategies business organizations use to mine social media to collect data and provide supporting examples.
- Discuss how the data that are mined via social media can be used to create a competitive advantage for the business organizations.
- Describe legal issues associated with business data mining activities, including specific laws governing data mining practices.
- Provide an example of a company that faced legal issues as a result of the data mining strategies it employed.
- Discuss ethical issues associated with business data mining activities.
- Provide an example of a company that faced negative consequences as a result of ethical issues resulting from the data mining strategies it employed.
Practice delivering your PowerPoint. Using Loom, record your delivery of the PowerPoint presentation. Refer to the topic Resources for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Employ the following public speaking strategies:
- Speak slowly and clearly.
- Make eye contact.
- Present yourself in a professional manner.
- Make sure that you are visible in the video.
Submit the PowerPoint presentation file with the link to the Loom video presentation as the last reference in the references list slide. Do not try to upload the video file: It will be too big and will not upload.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.