[Instant Help From 10$/Pg] Stories Americans Might Use
The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on the new information presented in this book. It is meant to increase your awareness and critical thinking about the experience and treatment of common psychological disorders in the US and around the world.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Reading to Critically Evaluate
Please read the Introduction to Crazy Like Us: The Globalization of the American Psyche, by Ethan Watters. Please note, you are being asked to read the Introduction, not Chapter 1!
You are encouraged to ask questions of the reading as you read, make notes of areas of confusion, surprise, or disagreement, and include that in your pa.per.
- Write two paragraphs (minimum of 200 words) in which you identify Watter’s main thesis in the Introduction and discuss your overall thoughts and reactions to the main thesis.
- Write a one-paragraph response (minimum of 100 words) to ONE of the following questions listed below.
- Include two quotes from the chapter that stood out to you. Include the page number or time stamps where your quotes can be found.
Questions (choose only one)
- What do you think are the cultural beliefs and stories Americans might use to understand mental illness?
- How do you react to the idea that a major motivator for universal disease categories is that drug companies stand to make billions off drugs to cure them? (page 4)
Full points for the assignment will be earned when all 3 portions of the assignment are met. Two-paragraph (minimum of 200 words) general reaction (6pts), one-paragraph response (minimum of 100 words) to question (2pts), two quotes with page numbers/time stamps (2pts). Check out the rubric!