[Instant Help From 10$/Pg] Questions Must Also Answer
- All answers should be in your own words and source should be only the text book which I am uploading here.
- Assignment answers shouldn’t be word to word from the text book or any other source.
- The answers to the questions must also answer the question and not just be about the question.You need to fully and completely answer each question using the material from the text book. This may be, depending on the question, full sentences, point form and include diagrams.Below are the questions:
- An organism has a haploid number of 3. At the end of meiosis metaphase I how many chromatids will be visible? Explain (2 points)
- What characteristics of the garden pea made it a very good model system for Mendel to use in his studies? (2 points)
- Explain in your own words how mRNA, rRNA and tRNA are synthesized. (4 points)
- The F2 generation of a cross between a parental tall and a parental short pea plant is 298 tall plants and 102 short plants. What do these results say about the genes for stem height in the pea plant? Explain your answer. (2 points)
- Using the widow’s peak and freckles genes in humans, starting with true-breeding parents show a Punnett square to explain the 9:3:3:1 phenotypic results in the F2 generation. (3 points)
- Explain in your own words how protein synthesis occurs. (4 points)
- Define the term population in your own words and give an example that is not from the text book.(2 points)
- Human babies that are heavier than average and lighter than average have a higher infant mortality. What type of selection (be specific) is this and why? (2 points)
- Define, in your own words, a clade. Give an example (3 points)
- Explain in your own words how, from an evolutionary standpoint, a desert spring and an island in the ocean are similar. Think about populations in both locations. (4 points)
- Consider the following statement: “Individuals are selected for or against while populations evolve.” Explain this statement using what you know about gene pools and alleles. (4 points)
- Explain how you could use the amino acid sequence of a protein found in two different species to trace evolutionary relationships between the species. (3 points)
- Recall the iguanas from 13.10 of the textbook. Assume that p=.2 (proportion of the dominant allele). What proportion of the next generation would you expect to be heterozygous? (hint Ww) Show your work. (2 points)
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Let us take care of your classwork while you enjoy your free time! All papers are written from scratch and are 100% Original. Try us today! Use Code FREE15
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now