[Instant Help From 10$/Pg] Pro Bono Junior Attorney
You are currently a pro bono junior attorney working for a legal team that specializes in criminal defense. You have been asked to gather background information on a defendant of your choosing. In order to help the team build a solid defense, you must provide a 10-15 minute presentation (using Microsoft PowerPoint) explaining 2 biopsychosocial risk factors that could have contributed to their antisocial behavior. You can choose any offender for your presentation, but you must be able to find enough publicly available information to provide a good defense. The legal team will be using the presentation to determine whether you would be a good addition to their legal team for their next case. There are 3 main parts to this presentation:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Topic Scope: The legal team first needs to know the scope of your presentation and whom you want to defend. Thus, you should:
- Identify the offender that you want to defend
- Describe the relevant history of the offender
- Provide clear details of their crimes
- Identify 2 specific, documented biopsychosocial risk factors that the offender has that seem relevant in explaining their antisocial behavior (NOTE: documented means you can cite a trustworthy source that has claimed that the defendant has the factor you are identifying. Please include a citation for the source that stated that your defendant has the factor you identified.)
- Explanation: The legal team also needs to evaluate how strong your defense argument will be. You should:
- Clearly, thoughtfully, and thoroughly explain how or why the biopsychosocial factors could have contributed to the offender’s antisocial behavior
- Use at least 2 scholarly sources (and APA format) to help you make connections between the biopsychosocial factors and the offender’s antisocial behavior
- Sanction: After you have provided your argument, tell the legal team what sanction you will argue for your defendant.
- Identify at least 1 limitation or argument that the prosecutor could have against the defense you made.
- Counter-argue the potential argument that the prosecutor could have.
- Make a specific recommendation for what sort of sentence or punishment you think the offender should receive (this might not be the same sentence/punishment that they actually received in real life — remember that you are supposed to be their legal representative!).
- Explain why your recommendation is appropriate based on the biopsychosocial factors/explanation you identified — in other words, explain why the sentence/punishment you are recommending would be relevant and effective for your defendant.
Given that you may be chosen as one of the legal representatives for the defendant, you will also be evaluated on the quality of your presentation as well as the quality of your delivery.
- For presentation quality, you will be evaluated on the organization and content quality of your slides as well as how well your presentation flows. Your first slide/page (title slide/page) must include your full name and the name of the offender that you will be discussing. Your last slide/page must be the Reference list of the sources you used to support your claims in your presentation. Your in-text citations and References list should be in APA format.
If you would like some help with organizing your defense, you are welcome to use this template actions, which I will attache to the file. You are not required to use the template, but it may help you in keeping track of the points you should be addressing in your presentation.
You must create and submit a deck of slides using Microsoft PowerPoint. Your slides should display information that you believe is important for the legal team to see/read.