[Instant Help From 10$/Pg] Performance Appraisal Shouldassess Employee
Interviewing and Performance Appraisals
[WLOs: 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 3]
Each section contains interactive resources to assist you in each of the three parts of this assignment.
Part 1: Self-Recorded Interview
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
When you reach the interview phase of the job application process, it is critical to be prepared and have the skills necessary to show your “best self.” In this activity, you will work on interviewing skills and your own personal branding. You want to be able to show your uniqueness and how you are the best fit for the job. That means during the interview you must make a connection between past experiences and skills you possess to the position. You need to be professional and convince the interviewer you are the best person for the job.
In your recorded interview, clearly identify the company and position you are applying for. Your responses to each question below should be approximately 3 minutes:
- Question 1: Tell Me About Yourself
- Helpful hints: This is a common question asked in many interviews. You want to discuss your own personal brand and your pitch. The pitch should be concise and compelling and specific as to why you are the right fit for the job. Start with two to three accomplishment or experiences that you want the interviewer to know about you. Then close your pitch with how that prior experience has positioned you for this specific job.
- Question 2: Why Should We Hire You?
- Helpful hints: This is an opportunity for you to showcase your skills and sell yourself. You want to convey that you can not only do the work, but you can also deliver great results, that you will fit in the company’s culture, and that you are the best hire.
- Question 3: What Are Your Two Greatest Opportunities?
- Helpful hints: We often prepare ourselves or can just speak to our strengths. However, speaking about our opportunities may take some planning. This is a time to show your own self-awareness and honesty. Try to find a balance by thinking of something that you struggle with and that you are working to improve. A common example might be to strength your public speaking skills. You could discuss how you have tried to improve this through some volunteer group or other opportunity.
For Part 1 of this assignment,
- Design interview question responses that convey your personal brand.
- Deliver responses in an organized, professional, and persuasive manner.
All submissions require an upload of the video to the classroom. Submission of a link to a video does not fulfill the submission requirements. Please visit the Week 2 – Assignment Video Submission page to upload your video to the classroom.
Part 2: Conducting Interviews
As a manager one of your key roles is having the ability to hire the right people. You need to be able to assess candidates and come to a decision on hiring. In this activity, you will work on devising interview questions that will help in this process.
For your three interview questions,
- Devise insightful interview questions that allow you to assess candidates.
- Defend the rationale for choosing the three interview questions.
Part 3: Performance Appraisals
In leading people, it is critical to be able to provide meaningful feedback in the performance review process. Nearly all companies have an annual review process. In this activity, you will practice written performance feedback.
Your performance appraisal should
- Assess employee performance of two characters from the video above.
- Rewrite performance appraisal feedback on two of the characters from the video.
Submission: You are required to submit the following items to earn a grade for this assignment.
- Part 1: Submit your Self-Recorded Interview video file (MP4) to the Canvas page, Week 2 – Assignment Video Submission.
- Parts 2 and 3: Submit your Word document on conducting interviews and performance appraisals to Waypoint. Your responses must be approximately 350 words each. Please review the Part 2: Conducting Interviews and Part 3: Performance Appraisals interactives for more information and instructions. Do not forget to include your cover page with your name.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site.for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.