[Instant Help From 10$/Pg] Jesus Watching Muhammad Leave
Therefore you will need to imagine yourself within the space you select (no field trips, sorry). Picture yourself entering the space and walking through it. What feelings do you get, are they positive or negative feelings?
In 500 words Try to pin-point what it is about the space that gives you either the positive or negative feeling. When discussing architecture try to use design vocabulary like, line, shapes, colors, volume (height and width), mass, balance, repetition, and light/shadow as starting points. These concepts are defined on page xxvi in the Starter Kit section of your textbook. Also, architecture in general is further explained on page xxx in the Starter Kit.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
As I imagine entering this space with high vaulted ceilings, I would look up and see light streaming through the stained-glass windows. The act of looking up is like looking up to heaven and would make me feel like I am seeking God. The contrast of the colored windows against the dull cold stone would draw my eyes to the story being told there. The repetition of the pillars makes my eyes follow a visual path, where I end up finding a holy object, much like a pilgrimage.
Here is the list of the 20 places/spaces from the textbook. Your paper must be about one from this list:
- Santa Costanza, Rome, ca. 350 C.E. (interior)
- The Wine-Making Scene, ambulatory vault of Santa Costanza
- Sarcophagus of Junius Bassus, ca. 359 C.E. (Museo Petriano, St. Peter’s, Rome)
- Dome of Heaven, catacomb of Santi Pietro e Marcellino, Rome, 4th century C.E.
- San Vitale, Ravenna, 526-47, (exterior)
- San Vitale, Ravenna, 526-47 (interior)
- Theodora and her Attendants, San Vitale, Ravenna, ca. 547, mosiac
- Anthemius of Tralles and Isidorus of Miletus, Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, 532-37, (exterior)
- Anthemius of Tralles and Isidorus of Miletus, Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, 532-37, (interior)
- St. Mark’s, Venice, (exterior)
- St. Mark’s, Venice, (interior)
- Creation Dome, narthex of St. Mark’s, Venice
- Madonna and Child Enthroned, ca. 1270, tempera (National Gallery of Art)
- Dome of the Rock, Jerusalem, Late 680s-692 (exterior)
- Jesus Watching Muhammad Leave Mecca, from a medieval Persian manuscript from Al-Biruni
- Mosque, Cardova, begun 786 (interior)
- Sinan, Mosque of Sultan Sulayman, Istanbul, 1550-57 (exterior)
- Sinan, Mosque of Sultan Sulayman, Istanbul, 1550-57 (interior)
- Court of the Lions, Alhambra Palace, Granada, 1354-91
- Harem Courtyard, late 16th century, Topkapi Palace, Istanbul