[Instant Help From 10$/Pg] Homophobia Pages 162
Use your Diversity, Oppression, and Social Functioning text to read the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Chapter 11, “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People Confront Heterocentrism, Heterosexism, and Homophobia,” pages 162–182.
Use the Capella University Library to read the following:
- Israel, T., Gorcheva, R., Walther, W. A., Sulzner, J. M., & Cohen, J. (2008). Therapists’ helpful and unhelpful situations with LGBT clients: An exploratory study. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 39(3), 361–368.
For this discussion, your fellow learners have created a presentation that contextualizes practice with the LGBTQ population. After you view their presentation, use your post to discuss one or more of the following:
- What are the key factors that need to be addressed when working with LGBTQ clients?
- Discuss similarities and differences in the several groups contained within the LGBTQ community.
- Are there similarities between any of these groups and the groups that you researched?
- How would you incorporate the key factors into your plan for working with clients from these groups?