[Instant Help From 10$/Pg] 250 Words Psychodynamic Theory
Psychodynamic theory gives social workers the ability to understand the impact of childhood experiences during the development of their formative years. Psychodynamic theory helps explain the impact of our rational mind and emotional reactions and the ways defensive mechanisms develop and support current behaviors. Narrative approaches provide a safe space for the client to share and ultimately deconstruct their life experiences. They allow the client to engage in telling their story and provide an opportunity for the therapist to connect meaning back to the client’s experience.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Complete the following:
- View the Campbell Family Case Study prior to responding to this discussion.
- Pick one of the family members: Karen (mom), Joe (dad), Kali (17), or Jacob (15).
- Respond to the following from a psychodynamic perspective and with narrative techniques. Use theoretical information to back up your statements.
- Identify one Campbell family member and discuss how childhood experiences would have impacted their development and now impacts current behaviors. Use a psychodynamic perspective to develop this argument.
- Identify two defensive mechanisms and how the family member is using them to either continue specific behaviors and/or to protect themselves.
- Provide (at least) two evidence-based interventions that would assist this Campbell family member during this session, as you discuss childhood experiences and current impact to client issues or concerns.