Assignment ID: FG133136867
DOT503 DevOps Tools – Torrens University Australia
Learning Outcome 1: Analyse and integrate goals, terminologies, and the continuous development pipeline in a collaborative environment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Learning Outcome 2: Evaluate and critique design practices using skillsets, knowledge, and established competencies in DevOps.
Learning Outcome 3: Implement best practices of Continuous Testing and Continuous Integration.
Learning Outcome 4: Automate and evaluate Continuous Delivery and Deployment including packaging and release.
Learning Outcome 5: Prioritise and validate Continuous Monitoring of infrastructure, processes and applications.
In Assessment 2, you implemented Source control, Unit testing, and Build automation components of a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline. In this assessment you will:
a) Implement the Continuous delivery stage of the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins.
b) Write a 1000-words report explaining four major metrics for DevOps success. Besides, the report shall compare two of the most widely used monitoring tools.
Please refer to the Task Instructions for details on how to complete this task.
In Assessment 2, you created an application, added unit tests to it, and wrote build scripts to automatically compile, build, test, and create deployable package/executable of the application. The source code along with the unit tests and build scripts are now available in GitHub. In this assessment you are required to perform the following tasks:
a) Implement Continuous delivery using Jenkins
1. Create a job named ‘DOT503′ in Jenkins to compile, build, test, and create deployable package/executable of your application from your GitHub repository created in Assessment 2.
2. Reconfigure the Jenkins job ‘DOT503′ so that whenever any change is made to the master branch of your repository in GitHub, Jenkins shall automatically start the build process within two minutes of the update.
3. From Jenkins Web Graphical User Interface (GUI), build the job ‘DOT503.’
4. Fix the failed unit tests. Commit your changed to the master branch of your repository and push the changes into GitHub.
5. Zip and submit the folder associated with the job ‘DOT503′ which can be found in Jenkins’ home directory. In Windows operating systems usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\jobs is the Jenkins’ home directory.
b) Write a report on Continuous monitoring
1. The report shall explain four key metrics for DevOps success.
2. The report shall compare any TWO of the following monitoring tools:
ii. New Relic
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research.
Attachment:- DevOps Tools.rar