For this assignment, the student chooses one of the Member States of the EU and critically analyses it within the context of the organization with a particular emphasis on its business fit.
Below there is an indicative guidance of information that could be collected for your country in order to understand its participation, role and prospects within the EU:
The main points to cover when analysing your country:
· Main parameters: Population, wealth profile, type of political government, last elections winning party, representation on European institutions, when and why it joined the EU and whether it is only a member of the EU but also Eurozone and Schengen. Also you should be able to find its 10-year bond yield as an indication of how it is economically faring.
· How good is at implementing European policies or whether it is lagging behind: Internal Market Scoreboard
· How open your country is to business set-ups and how easy is to do so by looking at the point of single contact
· Any major issues currently between your country and the EU particularly on the business area?
· How are the issues above reflected by the population – Analysis of latest Eurobarometer survey. http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/index_en.htm
· Looking at the future: Where does your country stand in terms of Europa 2020 Programme
· Your own critical assessment of your country within the EU as a conclusion particularly in view of recent events (for instance economic crisis, Brexit, refugee crisis) that might impact its position within the EU.
Referencing: Although you can use a variety of sources you need to include at least 4-6 academic sources as part of your assignment. Harvard referencing.
Written assignment comprising 1,500 word (+ 10%) .