Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment ID: FG133136985
Applicant screening is the first phase of selection where the goal is to eliminate candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications (MQs) established for a position. Screening increases efficiency and effectiveness and can avoid legal issues. Typically, larger organizations will use software (HRIS) to scan and identify candidates who are a good fit based on background experience, interests, education, and location. The most promising applicants can be invited for a phone screening interview.
The purpose of screening is to meet expected performance outcomes and financial returns. Screening tools must not have an adverse impact against designated target groups (for example, including a biographical information blank (BIB) question that asks candidates if they worked as lifeguards in their teens, even if this is shown to predict job performance, may be seen as adversely impacting certain people with physical disabilities who could not obtain this type of certificate.
Examples of screening tools include application forms including biographical information blanks (BIBs), reference/background checks, resumes, video resumes, social networking sites, and virtual job auditions.
- Based on your understanding of job analysis, choose an organization that operates in Edmonton. Create a short application form with BIB questions for a position of your choosing (use the textbook for an example). For example,
- Necessary contact information: Name, email address, phone number, location.
- Job performance questions including BIB and minimum qualification (MQ) questions (e.g, possess a drivers’ license with no demerits).
- This information would eliminate the candidate (e.g., not having a drivers’ license, not having a university degree, being under 18 years old)? Explain your answer.
- What are your next steps after the candidate meets the minimum requirements; for example, would you conduct a screening phone interview to double-check specific MQs, or would you move on to the interview stage? At what point would you review the résumés, video résumés, or social networking sites? At what point would you invite for an interview or a virtual job audition, and conduct reference/background checks? Explain your reasoning.
- Discuss the extent to which the screening tools you will use are validly and reliably predictive of job performance for the specific position.
- Discuss how you are mindful to not breach legal hazards (e.g., if the screening methods are not gender-neutral or discriminate against certain minorities)?
Complete the last activity on your own
- Individually reflect on recent or current employment experience or an experience as a student or a general life experience such as a sport or activity in which you participate.
- What are three screening criteria that are minimum requirements that automatically eliminate applicants from applying for your position?
- You could also consider your dream job instead of a current job.
- Be sure to mention which KSAOs and competencies relate to these screening criteria. Explain your answer.
Enterprise Car Rental Management Trainee Program: Job Description and Apply Now! Icon
- If you click on the “Apply for this job online” notice the order of the questions (if you completed the application form, which you do not need to). The order reveals what is essential to the organization.
Examples of paper application forms: Templates for application forms