Assignment ID: FG133141007
EG7021 Industrial Placement Assignment – University of East London
Learning Outcomes – At the end of this module, students will be able to:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the most up to date practices in a relavent industry.
2. Critically review own skills, attitudes and competences against those prized by employers, and develop a personal development plan.
3. Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of an industry-based organisation in terms of its context, mission, scope and operation.
4. Design a work placement development plan in collaboraion with the sponsoring employer and the University.
5. Critically understand the technical, economical and environmental issues affecting the relevant industry.
6. Critically evaluate a project that they were involved in as part of the placement and the particular challenges faced involving design, planning or implementation.
7. Make critical evaluations of risks through some understanding of the basis of such risks.
Subject-based practical skills
8. Apply scientific/engineering techniques taking account of a range of commercial and industrial constraints.
9. Critically review and monitor progress and bring the work tasks to successful completion to the satisfaction of the employer / stakeholders.
10. Build a Training Report based around the agreed development plan and a reflective work-based diary.
Skills for life and work (general skills)
11. Be able to deal with complex problems both systematically and creatively and make sound judgements in the absence of complete data.
12. Present and convey complex technical information to other professionals and the public both verbally and in writing.
13. Experience the dynamics of working in teams in the workplace, recognising and respecting differing perspectives.
14. Network with a range of Industry personnel and demonstrate deep understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
Assignment – Industrial Placement Portfolio
Background – To enable you to complete this module satisfactorily you must be studying for the MSc. in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering / Construction Engineering Management / Computer Science / Information Security and Digital Forensics and have secured a placement of the minimum duration. Details of the how to secure the placement, the selection process and the management of the placement are provided in the Industrial Placement Student Handbook for EG7021.
Introduction to Assessment – You are to produce a portfolio of work comprising a detailed written reflective report based on your placement company, and the work that you have undertaken over the period of the placement. The assignment comprises three main parts as follows:
Part A: Preparation for Placement
Part B: Reflective Diary of Placement Experience
Part C: Appraisal by your Supervisor/Line Manager
Part A – Preparation for Placement (500 words)
Undertake a skills audit of your past employment and learning experiences and set out a draft Training Plan of what you expect to achieve on your Industrial Placement. This will involve you researching into the type of employment available and should include the production of a detailed Curriculum Vitae and letter of Introduction.
Part B – Reflective Diary of Industrial Placement (2500 words)
Produce a detailed ‘Placement Log’ evaluating the work that you have done during your placement and reflecting on what you have learnt and your own skill and knowledge development over this period.
Your Placement Log should include the following elements:
1. Explain what you have learnt about your company in context with the Construction Industry or the methods/processes used.
2. Describe the project(s) that you were associated with including issues / problems/ solutions that were present either in its design, planning or construction.
3. Provide an evaluation of the work that you did (i.e. physical output produced), indicating clearly your role in the tasks that you were set. Describe the elements for which you were responsible or to which you made a significant contribution. You should emphasise the personal experience gained through your working contributions; particularly with regard to the skills and competencies set out in Table 1 below. All these should be evidenced by appropriate documentation that was used or produced. *
4. A descriptive reflection on how the placement applies to you and your future career plans. You should enlarge on any special problems that you have met and occasions when you gained unusual or extensive experience or learned valuable lessons.
Part C – Appraisal by your Supervisor/Line Manager
5. You must provide a copy of your line manager’s completed Employers’ Appraisal Form (see Guidelines in Appendix 5 to this handbook).
6. A copy of this Form must also be emailed by your manager / supervisor to the Placement.
* Wherever appropriate you should provide documentary evidence produced by yourself in a suitable cross-referenced Appendix*. This could be for example, calculation sheets, numerical analyses, cost data, drawings or other relevant documentation used or produced. If the work is NOT your own it should be properly referenced. Any materials placed in Appendices are not to be included in the word count for the report.
Attachment:- Industrial Placement Assignment Files.rar