Assignment ID: FG133141062
ICTPMG611 PREPARE A DETAILED DESIGN BRIEF
For this task, you will demonstrate the skills and knowledge to develop a detailed project.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Complete the following activities:
1. Carefully read the following scenario
Mine Elect is a mining company based in Perth CBD at the old 20 storey Mint building. The old Mint building is heritage listed and privately owned. The company has another branch in Kwinana which houses most of the telecommunications infrastructure necessary for the mine operations. Mine Elect has an existing fiber link between the CBD branch and the Kwinana branch. They are in the process of deploying new mining asset management systems and as such they need to set up a new Point to Point (P2P) radio link between Perth and Kwinana.
This network must be capable of using real-time applications and streaming services. Assume you are a Telecommunication Project Consultant and you have been contracted to take on this project and to develop a detailed design brief to meet the design requirements.
3. Evaluate design requirements.
Carefully review the above information and the Project Brief and Plan provided to you.
You are required to develop a preliminary design brief to discuss with the client (the Project Manager of Mine Elect) at a meeting.
Your Preliminary Design Brief should include:
• A summary of the project to confirm your understanding the client’s requirements as per the project brief and plan.
• An assessment of the implications of legislation, codes , standards, and regulations that have an impact on the project and how they impact the project. You should identify a minimum of at least one for each.
• The enhancements that will need to be made to the existing networks based on the project brief and plan. You will need to explore this further at the meeting with the client.
• Your timelines for developing the design plan such that the project timelines can be met. Include a high-level schedule.
• A list of resources required for this project. This includes high level human resources and material resources.
• Use Preliminary Design Brief Template to guide your work. You will take your Preliminary Design Brief to the initial meeting with the client.
4. Consult widely to ensure design represents client requirements.
You are now required to meet with the client to discuss your Preliminary Design Brief. You will be advised of the date and time of the meeting.
At the meeting, carefully go through your Brief explaining all aspects to the client. Consider any feedback from this meeting into your Design Options Report that you will complete in another activity.
During the meeting, you will need to demonstrate effective communication skills including:
• Speaking clearly and concisely
• Using non-verbal communication to assist with understanding
• Asking questions to identify required information
• Responding to questions as required
• Using active listening techniques to confirm understanding
5. Evaluate and analyse the network to determine design options.
At the meeting, the client advised that you may access the old mint to assist you in preparing your design drawings.
However, he has advised that prior to the site visit you are required to email the Building Manager to ensure that you can gain access, since the old Mint is a private property. Your visit may need to include a review of other offices located in the building.
Develop an email and send it to the Building Manager
Following the meeting with the client, you are now required to analyse the network and enterprise needs in order to determine design options by preparing an Evaluation Report. Your Evaluation Report should include:
• How you will obtain site access for the old Mint building considering that it is private property.
• How you will overcome the physical impediments associated with constructing a tower/ antenna mast on the building.
• An impact assessment of setting up the network considering that the old Mint building is heritage listed.
• An environmental impact assessment.
• A legislative impact analysis which should include the action required to gain approval to proceed with the project in fulfilment of the Telecommunications Acts and regulations.
• A list of design drawings that will be required for this project.
Use the Evaluation Report Template to guide your work
6. Prepare a design brief
Following the site visit and your meeting with the client you are now required to develop realistic design options.
Develop a design options report for discussion at a meeting with the client. Your report should include:
• An outline of two design options.
• An evaluation of the design option that you recommend and that aligns with the client’s requirements.
• An assessment of system compatibility and the modifications to the designs based on this.
Use the Design Brief Template as a guide.
7. Prepare Design Plan
After completing the design brief, you are required to meet with the client to consult and share the design brief and obtain approval to procced . Once approval has been received, add detailed information to your Design brief to turn it into a Design Plan that can be operationalised by :
• Including relevant geographical and topological information, equipment and material cost estimates. You can include a topological design and include the geographical considerations for setting up the P2P link.
• The final detailed design must include a topological drawing of the P2P link between Perth and Kwinana.
• A testing and maintenance plan for the link must be included , use the Testing and Maintenance Plan Template to guide your work.