TQM is a management philosophy which seeks to integrate all organizational functions (marketing, finance, design, engineering, production, etc.) to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational objectives.
It views organizations as a collection of processes. It maintains that organizations must strive to continuously improve these processes by incorporating the knowledge and experiences of workers.
· Inspect product
· Find and fix mistakes (detection)
|Quality Control (QC)|
· Apply operational techniques to make inspection more
efficient and reduce the costs of quality
|Quality Assurance (QA)|
· Planned and systematic actions to insure that products services conform to company requirements
· Prevention—stop problems at source; greater design emphasis
|Total Quality Management (TQM)|
· Incorporate QC and QA activities system-wide aimed at
· Involves all organizational functions
Simple objective in TQM:
“Do the right things right the first time, every time.”